I offer Focusing Sessions, verbally guided Feldenkrais Sessions as well as courses online.
Focusing – Online
Using Zoom or Skype, the meeting is almost as if we were to share the same room.
The total time-frame is typically one hour, during which the actual Focusing Session takes about 30 to 45 min. This leaves 15 to 30 minutes for us to clarify the content of your sessions, and for us to address any questions, curiosities, or insights you may want to share.
What is Focusing?
Please visit my Focusing Page
How the Online Session works:
The meeting takes place seated, facing the camera and microphone, and proceeds just the same way as it would when sharing the same space. You need a Mac or PC, or a cell phone.
I generally prefer Zoom Technology as the quality is quite good. When using a laptop, you open the link which I email to you shortly before the scheduled meeting begins, and you simply follow the prompts. When using a cell phone, you would download the Zoom App prior to our meeting. You also need a strong enough internet connection to allow for a video-call, but typically WiFi is good enough. It is best to have a headset at hand, as the inbuilt microphone may not be strong enough to allow for a relaxed, quiet conversation.
Also, please ensure that you create a comfortable, undisturbed environment for yourself, to not get interrupted in your inner listening. Optimally, plan some alone-time after the session, as you may encounter vulnerable spaces that want your undivided attention a little while past the session.
Feldenkrais Method – Online
The format, which I choose in order to offer individual sessions online, is similar to the group class format called Awareness Through Movement. But as offered by me online, it is just for you alone and the lesson chosen/created is according to your wishes and needs.
What You Get:
- A 15 min online consultation
- A 1-hour online lesson chosen/created for you
- Suggestions for your individual practice and further resources
- An audio recording for you to use as often as you wish
- A set of three sessions in that format within a couple of months are highly recommended
Here is How it Works:
- You contact me to schedule a session. We agree on a 15 min meeting, plus a 1-hour meeting. Those take place about a week apart.
- You make your payment.
- In our initial 15 minute consultation, you let me know what you would like from this session.
You may ask for support in improving a skill, for which movement coordination plays a role; or for letting go of pains that may have been caused by accidents, repetitive motion injury, compromised posture, or emotional muscular holding.
Or maybe you would like to explore the accuracy of your physical self-image to thereby improve your orientation in space; or your psychological self-image, which may keep you trapped in beliefs such as “I am not good enough”, “I am clumsy”, ‘”I have a lack of passions and interests”, “I am not a good learner” and so forth.
I will also ask you to do a few ordinary everyday-movements in front of the camera, for me to see how you move.
- For the actual lesson, about a week later, you will need a floor space with a mat, or in some situations simply a chair. You need to be able to direct the camera that is used for the video call onto yourself in such a way, that I can see your whole body. You also need to be able to turn up the volume enough so that you will still hear me giving you verbal instructions while lying on the floor.
The lesson that I will guide you through will have been chosen for you, based on what you asked me for, and based on how I saw you move in our initial consultation.
The Awareness Through Movement lesson will last about 45 min which leaves a few minutes of time for any questions you may have, and any recommendations that I may have for your practice of self-exploration. I will also provide you with more resources that can support your learning.
- With your approval, I audio-record the one-hour session and make it available to you, so that you can repeat the same lesson as often as you find useful.
- I highly recommend for you to schedule three sessions within a two months time-frame. This format was created with the intention of enabling you to create your own learning program. This cannot be accomplished within just one session.